Trance Moon Radio Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trance Moon Psychedelic Radio, New Releases ,Partys and Music Production forum.

HomePsy portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterDonateLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» DJ Sarana - Reflection
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeMon 13 May - 16:56 by psylicious

» Hexaliohm - Divine Being
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 1 May - 22:09 by Hexaliohm

» Hexaliohm - Magic Trick
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar - 0:28 by Hexaliohm

» Sacred Totality: An Eclipse Ritual in Texas, USA
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar - 23:16 by Znataraja

» Hexaliohm - Synthetic Society
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 19:18 by Hexaliohm

» SpaceWarpers Vol.2 compiled by EarthAlien [SpaceWarp Recs]
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 19:39 by psylicious

» Hexaliohm - World of Perception
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jan - 14:47 by Hexaliohm

» Barby - Live
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jan - 17:31 by psylicious

» RIGEL - Live 2023
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec - 0:50 by psylicious

»  Magnetic Storm compiled by Rigel [SpaceWarp Recs] Out Soon!
Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 15 Nov - 19:49 by psylicious

Trance Moon Promote
Recommended Studio Monitors Festival-trade
Twitter
Studio Equipment
Studio Equipment Deals 2Recommended Studio Monitors Imp
Feeds

Recommended Studio Monitors Feed-icon32x32

[Valid RSS]

ping Trance Moon Forum
Support

|

Recommended Studio Monitors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alienature
Admin
Admin
Alienature

Number of posts : 728

DJ Bag
Style: Psychedelic

Recommended Studio Monitors Vide
PostSubject: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr - 7:16

Hi everyone.

I am looking to buy some new monitors for my music production and I wish like to know what you recommend.
I am looking at something good but balance between price and quality.
What monitors you use ?
What monitors you recommend ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trancemoon.com
QPA
user
user
QPA

Number of posts : 44

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 10:23

Dynaudio is what my producer friend use (Dark Trance, progressive...). Near-field (so the acoustics of the room won't reach to colour the sound before reaching your ears...). I wish I could buy them now... I found one interesting discussion where different types of specific studio monitors where mentioned. On this forum:
http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-232.html

Dynaudio:
http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/

But, in the end it's your specific taste and the studio acoustics that will decide, not to mention economy (1000 EUR per speaker???)

Good luck my friend afro

Last edited by QPA on Wed 22 Apr - 10:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://qubenzis.com/
sickpack
user
user
sickpack

Number of posts : 10

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 10:28

Yamaha msp5 ...

The price is 500e or 500$ i m not sure but it is price and quality Smile

peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.psymoon-records.com
keystone
Starting
Starting
keystone

Number of posts : 5

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 12:31

Hi there
Monitors are a big investment so don't short- change yourself. I am using the Dynaudio bm6a and very happy with them. I'm sure there is a shop nearby where you can listen to various types of monitors. So just grab some of your favorite cd's and give them a listen(good Mastered Cd btw). IMHO I would go more than once before choosing your monitors..

Giga Bo0m
John Cool
Back to top Go down
Furious
Starting
Starting
Furious

Number of posts : 4

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr - 18:40

hello over there!!))) so depends of money.....best are Dynaudio and ADAMs for sure...but in middle price range krk and mackies are also cool....actually even Dynaudio is middle range ..._)))))there are Quested also that are awsome.
Back to top Go down
Furious
Starting
Starting
Furious

Number of posts : 4

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr - 18:48

I have Dynaudio BM6A and KRK V4 also i use some cheap speakers for more control upon a sound and better mixing. to sound perfect on any acoustics. actually monitors are too important to pay less money. for instance: when i was mixing on KRK RP6 then, after this i was listening on many different acoustics in cars boom boxes etc...and sound was different everywhere....somehow when i make mixing on Dynaudio i listen and everywhere on different acoustics i have nearly same feeling - i hear my own production. its quite cool. but also i can say that it is much more harder to make killer production on expensive monitors....but it costs a thing))) so cheaper monitors are easier to make "wall of sound " mixng but u loose details witch are so important) texture is not so clear)
Back to top Go down
Soundmagus
Soundmagus

Number of posts : 74

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr - 12:01

Hi all,

I agree with the sentiments regarding the BM6A`s, they are damn fine studio monitors, HOWEVER if you have less than the perfect monitoring environment such a set of monitors will be going to waste (partially) and offcourse if you are on a llimitied budget then they are out of your reach.

I also agree with the sentiment above that you should not short change yourself on minitors, but again the monitoring environment come sinto play - No point spending £2k on monitors if they are set up next to a window in a living room of your house Smile

So my perfect procedure would be as follows.

Get a new house which has a basement (completely concrete room Smile
Get Large Bass traps, Corner sound absorption Wedges and sound defraction tiles
Spend a week or so setting up your perfect monitoring environment for your new monitors
Then make some cool music.

OH WAIT A MINUTE !!!

Now that you have those shit hot monitors and perfect monitoring environment you will need to spend mor emoney on a top of the range soundcard with high end AD/DA convertors Razz:P

HAHAHAHA only kidding, limited budget and restricted space are the only things that matter in this scenario so in this case these are what dictate the monitors you buy.

Goto the top end of your budget, look for about 5 sets of monitors around that price range, check for freq response and RMS output. Also look for monitors with room acoustic settings on the back which allow you to adjust for difficult set up positions.

The Behringer Truth B2030A fit the bill quite nicely Wink

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.music-production-videos.com
keystone
Starting
Starting
keystone

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr - 2:30

affraid Oh Noooo!!! Not another Behringer product!!..hehe smokeaganja just kidding... I dont know what the budget is, so I'm going to say this... Dont by SHIT monitors man... Wait and save up until you can afford something better... I know several guys that have made their albums with just headphones, Mix/premaster.. So wait it out a bit, in the end you will be glad you did my friend.

Bo0m
John
Back to top Go down
Soundmagus
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr - 7:55

Yo,

Dont get me wrong, i am of the same opinion, i would rather wait until i had enough money to buy exceptional monitors, but in this case this wasnt a issue as the budget was strict and as such no matter what there would have been no more money spent.

So as your completely right, you shouldnt scrimp on monitors (or soundcards in my opinion) but i have to say this, after hearing the Truths they are an EXCEPTIONAL monitor for £200 and i would be happy to put them up against several different monitors in the £400-£600 rabge EASILY ! with very similar results, even in the bottom end registers.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Alienature
Admin
Admin
Alienature

Number of posts : 728

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeSun 3 May - 10:40

Hi Everyone.
Thanks for your advise on this.

I will say Mackie can make the job, but that is a big fish for me at this moment ! Rolling Eyes

Tapco are not bad monitors for the price too, but I like the reviews about the Truth B2030A

I don't believe just the expensive monitors are good.
At the end, if is some careful in the final mix, all come down to the mastering.

Ey Mark, what Monitors you have ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trancemoon.com
keystone
Starting
Starting
keystone

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeSun 3 May - 13:43

Hi fred,

Does'nt really matter if you use expensive or cheap monitors... Comes down to what you are use to using, Soon as you get to know your speakers the better ... Like you said just because they are exspensive does'nt mean they are right for you.... That is why I said in my previous post to go to a shop that has various types of monitors and give them a listen... I would be careful about reveiws as well, reveiws are just a guideline, nothing more...

Trust your ears...

Bo0m my friend

John
Back to top Go down
cr1st0
user
user

Number of posts : 18

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 20:33

I always heard good things about the adam's a7, i own a krk pair rokit5 g2, i think they are good enough for me, my room is not properly a studio, and i don't live in silent street.
Back to top Go down
http://oscillation.freehostia.com/
Soundmagus
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeFri 8 May - 6:52

Yo Fred,

In answer to your question i have Adam A7`s. They are great monitors if a little light on the bottom end but not too bad (46hz to 35khz). As you can see the top end on these monitors is very high which is due to Adams Ribbon technology which is excelent. The top end is very clear and best of all not harsh at high levels. They are also 50W per driver per monitor (thats 200W RMS) which makes for some loud monitoring also (but not too loud eh :O:).

Anyhoo enough drivvle from me, if you want to check them out goto link below Smile

All the best,

Mark

ADAM A7
Back to top Go down
heal
Starting
Starting
heal

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun - 21:53

i'm aiming toward YAMAHA HS80'S -$350 each

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-HS80M-8-Powered-Studio-Monitor-Each?sku=601418

was bombarded with recommendations towards these and hope to acquire such fine studio equipment someday...

(btw- behringer truths are notable for crapping out.. and general sound like crap Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_silent )
Back to top Go down
SafeandSound
user
user
SafeandSound

Number of posts : 10

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb - 22:49

There are many monitors !

I suggest Dynaudio Acoustic BM series Around £600.00 so quite expensive.

I have in fact heard good mixes from Behringer Truths (as one of my clients uses them)

ADAM monitors get a lot of love too.

try and spend a little on some bass traps and side wall absorbers.
(these can be made cheaply using Rockwool or Rocksilk RW3)

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.masteringmastering.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Studio Monitors   Recommended Studio Monitors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended Studio Monitors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trance Moon Radio Network :: Music Production :: Studio Equipment-