Trance Moon Psychedelic Radio, New Releases ,Partys and Music Production forum.

HomePsy portalSearchFAQRegisterDonateLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Twisted Desire - Visit another world
Tue 6 Dec - 18:14 by Twisted_Desire

» Yurika - Synchronicity - EP - Sonic Motion records - OUT NOW
Fri 2 Dec - 10:18 by sonicmotionrecords

» Crasher Pre Party The Howard At Bar 192 Boxing Day
Wed 23 Nov - 16:55 by thehowardpromo

» Ableton Live Project @ Astral Tech - Magic Fullon Vol.2
Thu 17 Nov - 20:33 by speedsound

» [SUNCD42] Crossing Mind - Beyond Duality (Suntrip Records)
Fri 4 Nov - 9:28 by Suntrip Records

» Bonnie and Clyde (Atyss vs Yurika) - Wanted- EP - OUT NOW!!
Tue 25 Oct - 10:50 by sonicmotionrecords

» IllumiNaughty Day Of The dead // Tickets moving to phase 6
Fri 7 Oct - 13:27 by illumiNaughty

» [SUNCD43] Ra - Earthcall (Suntrip Records)
Fri 30 Sep - 9:28 by Suntrip Records

» Trancsend 4th Birthday Party
Fri 30 Sep - 2:48 by thehowardpromo

» Crasher Led 23 Pre Party By The Howard Promo At Bar 192
Fri 30 Sep - 2:45 by thehowardpromo

Trance Moon Promote
Twitter
Studio Equipment
Studio Equipment Deals 2
Feeds

[Valid RSS]

ping Trance Moon Forum
Support

|

Welcome to Cubase Help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Soundmagus

Number of posts : 74

DJ Bag
Style: Psychedelic

PostSubject: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Tue 8 Jan - 11:22

Hi All Smile

This room is for questions that are specific to Cubase.

I have been using Cubase for over 10 years and teaching it for about 2 years. Please leave your questions and i will get them answered as soon as possible. If i feel any questions which are left will be better explained with a VIDEO TUTORIAL i will create one and supply the link.

In the mean time, please check out www.soundmagus.co.uk for some pre-made video tutorials.

thanks

Mark (Soundmagus)
Back to top Go down
http://www.music-production-videos.com
cr1st0
user
user

Number of posts : 18

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Thu 7 May - 20:38

How to the soh talked side chaining kick/bass with waves c1 ?

I guess is something like this:

Back to top Go down
http://oscillation.freehostia.com/
passcode
user
user

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: AM FEED UP WIZ CUBASE   Fri 8 May - 6:37

Hi mark Neutral am @ly, well a frd downloaded cubase sx may b version 3, its around 130mb, n i have also nuendo,, but hell i never understand how to use it,, most ot the time i use fl studio as am much familiar wiz its interface, n easy to manage... cubase sounds pretty much hard to understand, a manual of about 120 pages man,, i have never been able to edit or play any song in cubase... am feed up ,am confuse ,,everytime i instal it n reassure myself that this time i gonna manage it well, but it ends almost by unstalling it again!!!! even in the introduction its emphasise much on the audio inputs,, i want to know if cubase is an ediiting software,, evrytime i do is save a progect n load a song frm my pc. so where n how i gonna create music using samples,etc n etc......

please give me a clear explanation from the beginning, summerize it for me if u can,, plzzzzzzzzz.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Sat 9 May - 8:11

Hi Passcode,

Cubase is a complete music production DAW with everything you need to make music including midi editing, audio, vsti`s and vst plugins, audio editing, score capabilities etc etc etc HOWEVER its not as easy to use as say fruity loops or reason due to it being a much deeper application.

It does have a large learning curve however once you get into it the rewards are great.

I currently have 50 cubase videos available for download on my web site at a cost of £25.

If you are interested follow this LINK and then follow the instructions on the front page.

There are also free videos there for download on the free cubase videos section.

Cubase is far to large a program to even begin to give you an explanation of it here, if you dont get the videos then i am afraid its a case of open cubase, open manual, get comfortable and read Wink

all the best,

Mark
Back to top Go down
Alienature
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 728

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Sat 9 May - 9:32

Ey.
You probably can post some of your promotional free videos around the forum board.
That can motivate people to have a go on cubase and go forward to buy your tutorials.

www.forum.trancemoon.com †(forum)
www.facebook.com/alienature (Network)
Back to top Go down
http://www.trancemoon.com
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Sat 9 May - 10:04

I will go see if i can upload them to google videos or something else as they are all too long to go on youtube :O

i will be back with details later Wink

see ya,

Mark
Back to top Go down
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Sat 9 May - 13:22

Sorry Guys i put the incorrect links to these videos. You DONT HAVE to login to see them anymore, please click on the link and enjoy,

all the best,

Mark

Cubase Videos
Back to top Go down
perelius
user
user

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: cubase vs other daws   Fri 22 May - 18:27

so where does cubase stand in end result production vs other daws as fruity, logic?.Read alot of discussions but i cant make up my mind about actually go and try out cubase, is it really worth investing time in if already comfortable with FL. I mean cant one accomplish the same thing with fl in the end, just curious.
Back to top Go down
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Fri 22 May - 19:02

Hi Perelius,

It really depends on exactly what you want to do.

Its horses for courses, each DAW has good and bad points, the only thing i would say about Logic is that you need a MAC to use it :O

FL and Reason are great for making tunes quickly and are very functional.

Cubase has great audio editing, midi features and external hardware integration etc.

You can goto the web sites of each manufacturer and check out the specs of each DAW and compare them, but the main thing is to find something that allows you to work quickly, efficiently and answers every question you ask of it, fullfills all your needs and works together with you NOT against you.

Use what works for you, thats it, if you can make the quality of music you are aiming for with a milk bottle, a spoon and an empty pot then thats what to use.

Mark
Back to top Go down
perelius
user
user

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Sun 24 May - 3:46

Soundmagus wrote:
Hi Perelius,

It really depends on exactly what you want to do.

Its horses for courses, each DAW has good and bad points, the only thing i would say about Logic is that you need a MAC to use it :O

FL and Reason are great for making tunes quickly and are very functional.

Cubase has great audio editing, midi features and external hardware integration etc.

You can goto the web sites of each manufacturer and check out the specs of each DAW and compare them, but the main thing is to find something that allows you to work quickly, efficiently and answers every question you ask of it, fullfills all your needs and works together with you NOT against you.

Use what works for you, thats it, if you can make the quality of music you are aiming for with a milk bottle, a spoon and an empty pot then thats what to use.

Mark
milk and spoon works for me lol. Guess you are right if it works dont fix it principle .Was a little curious thats all. i love the design of forum
Back to top Go down
Soundmagus

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Sun 24 May - 9:10

Smile

Yeah i have always been an advocate of that principle, too many people get hung up on "whats the best DAW" and spend most of their time worrying about what they might be missing instead of making music.

I personnally try to keep my setup as small as possible, especially when it comes to VST Instruments as they can be total creativity killers, however i have recently integrated Ableton Live into my work flow (rewired through Cubase 5) to add a little new flavour. I am yet to actually test it out properly (i am using it to trigger certain samples in real time) but will do in my next tune.

At the end of the day if it works dont try too fix it as you will probably end up breaking it, just learn what you got, when and only when you have "outgrown" the system you are using or it lacks certain features which other DAW`s may offer you then think about moving, adding or changing your workflow to something different, but until then just make music and enjoy Wink

Mark
Back to top Go down
perelius
user
user

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Tue 26 May - 11:13

Soundmagus wrote:
Smile

Yeah i have always been an advocate of that principle, too many people get hung up on "whats the best DAW" and spend most of their time worrying about what they might be missing instead of making music.

I personnally try to keep my setup as small as possible, especially when it comes to VST Instruments as they can be total creativity killers, however i have recently integrated Ableton Live into my work flow (rewired through Cubase 5) to add a little new flavour. I am yet to actually test it out properly (i am using it to trigger certain samples in real time) but will do in my next tune.

At the end of the day if it works dont try too fix it as you will probably end up breaking it, just learn what you got, when and only when you have "outgrown" the system you are using or it lacks certain features which other DAW`s may offer you then think about moving, adding or changing your workflow to something different, but until then just make music and enjoy Wink

Mark
Yeah thats true, dunno why that is hehe. Anyways i have my set of VST synths †that im sticking to. Also noticed to many synths just makes it confusing and harder to create a nice sounnpicture.Im mostly spending time reading about technical details, sound engineering and such to get a deeper understand on how to manipulate sound the digital way and ultimately making music rr.Im gonna stop spamming the cubase help thread, ill check out rest of forum†
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cubase Help.   Today at 1:07

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Cubase Help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trance Moon Radio Network :: Music Production :: Cubase Help-