Trance Moon Radio Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trance Moon Psychedelic Radio, New Releases ,Partys and Music Production forum.

HomePsy portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterDonateLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hexaliohm - Magic Trick
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar - 0:28 by Hexaliohm

» Sacred Totality: An Eclipse Ritual in Texas, USA
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar - 23:16 by Znataraja

» Hexaliohm - Synthetic Society
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar - 19:18 by Hexaliohm

» SpaceWarpers Vol.2 compiled by EarthAlien [SpaceWarp Recs]
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 19:39 by psylicious

» Hexaliohm - World of Perception
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jan - 14:47 by Hexaliohm

» Barby - Live
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jan - 17:31 by psylicious

» RIGEL - Live 2023
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec - 0:50 by psylicious

»  Magnetic Storm compiled by Rigel [SpaceWarp Recs] Out Soon!
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeWed 15 Nov - 19:49 by psylicious

» 3 Weeks To Go! IllumiNaughty pres: Purple Haze
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov - 16:43 by illumiNaughty

» DNBN - Psytrance Midi Loops Volumes 1 - 2 - 3 (Sample Pack B
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct - 23:31 by speedsound

Trance Moon Promote
VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Festival-trade
Twitter
Studio Equipment
Studio Equipment Deals 2VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Imp
Feeds

VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Feed-icon32x32

[Valid RSS]

ping Trance Moon Forum
Support

|

VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dj_Psytek
user
user
Dj_Psytek

Number of posts : 64

DJ Bag
Style: Psychedelic

VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Vide
PostSubject: VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 22:03

VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    I1042_DarkMatterII

New dark set from Psy VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    931107

A big respect to the artists.

Style: Psy-trance/Dark/Forest

Tracklist:

01 : MakadaM - NattUgglan
02 : Psychoza - Dark Place
03 : Full Face - The Loveboat Of Kanchanaburi
04 : AnnoyingNinjas - Raevehulen
05 : Grainripper - MarssInvaisonIii
06 : Digitalist - Screamed Up
07 : Silent Horror - Dementia
08 : Freakplanet - Out Of Space (Fusion Circuit Remix)
09 : Multi Evil - Opposite Directions
10 : Nachzeher - DemonicLanguage
11 : Krussedull - Alberts Journey
12 : Uthu - South Wind (Flucturion RMX)
13 : Multi Evil - Colors
14 : Paraforce - Stampede
15 : M.M.C - Micromil I Gigatsian
16 : AnnoyingNinjas - 7 Slags Sovs
17 : Sushupti - Lsdeep
18 : Karash - Magma
19 : DalaiTrauma - Snowblind
20 : Master Pain - Chamaleon
21 : Zoolog - Menace To Society
22 : Nekrosferatu & Nez - Wealth Without Work (Impaktronet RMX)

113:30 Min.
MPEG-1 layer 3
256 kbps, approx. 32585 frames
44100 Hz Joint Stereo

Stream Or Download:

Download as RAR
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b2b43ge/n/VA_-_Dark_Matter_II_2010_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/408859899/VA_-_Dark_Matter_II__2010__Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek.rar
Back to top Go down
Alienature
Admin
Admin
Alienature

Number of posts : 728

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 14:38

Hi
Nice set.
About the mixes, I am not very shore (as usual with dark psy)!!
The problem with the dark psy music for mix is imminent and what ever we do they rarely sound right.

Its almost impossible to make a good mix of 2 dark psy tracks !
Is probably me !? I start to mix techno, then I get into Drum and bass, then I get into Breaks and science breaks, then Jungle, then Psy trance and at last, Dark Psy.

Dark psy is not easy to mix unless you use the (flash) mixing method (go from one track to another, without make any mixing between tracks.
Personally, I dont like this style !

Dark psy music producers are not making dance music and they dont think they're tracks will be mixed in party's !????

Well I think the problem is because dark psy have a different music construction.

In techno as any other dance music style, the tracks usually start with a simple kick and finish with a simple kick and very little sounds.
This is almost a rule in dance music production. We all know , DJs need space to mix the tracks unless at the start and they need a nice outro to mix the track out.
If we hear most part of the psy trance tracks (unless the professional produced) you can notice this presider in the tracks they make.

Dark Psy is not dance music !
In dark psy music, if we try to make a mix between 2 tracks , we are in trouble. This is because dark psy producers are not making dance tracks !

In this situation just left us a very few ways to mix:

*Intro and outro mixing
1- mix the beats near at the end of the track with the beats at the very start of the other track.
This is the way I mix. The good thing about is: you dont have to deal with a big confusion of sounds at the same time (wish provoke the Holocaust and sounds like the mix is off beat).
The bad thing is: You have to play all the track, from start to finish.

*No beat mixing
2-Almost the same way as the first!
Mix the last sounds of the track, with the first sounds of the next track (no beats)
Good things: you will not make a noisy mix and will always sound ok.
Bad things, you will have to play the track from start to finish and you will have lots of low parts in the mix.

*Flash mix
3- This one is a very famous as I have listen some named music producers doing this type of mixing in some festivals.
You just jump from one track to the other. This means, your tracks are at the same bpm. At the right time just cross-fade from one track to the other.
Good thing about: the mix is so fast that you almost dont notice the difference.
Bad things: its not mixing ! Maybe thats why is the most common mixing in this music style.

*Beat match mixing
4- I like ti use this one but is not the most recommended for this music style.
This is the regular beat match, when you have both tracks playing at same time and you leave the cross-fade in the meddle, wile you change the high, meddle and bass, then cut the track to the next one.
Good thing about: 2 tracks playing together make a new sound wish later go into the new track.
Bad thing about: with dark psy tracks making this type of mixing is a risk. Dark psy have too many high sounds and because most part of the sounds used in the tracks composition are not timing, the mix can go into a completely chaos if you dont know your tracks very well.

all in all, your mix didn't have chaos situations and that is good Wink
Keep us posted
Back to top Go down
http://www.trancemoon.com
Dj_Psytek
user
user
Dj_Psytek

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 17:38

Well thx for your reply. I do respect your opinion.

I don't quite understand the mixing technique explanation.
Is the meant for me? Beause I'm well aware of that.
I been doing this a long time.

I use different techniques in my set, depending on the
tracks i wan't to mix. And I think the flash technique works
very well for this style, and i personally like it.
I do consider it part of mixing. It also has to been done right
to sound good, an fit in.

I don't just mix random tracks, i study them and know them.
That's why i think my beat mixing works well in this set.
I'm my own biggest critic, and i'm quite satisfied with this set.

But everybody has the right for their opinion.
Back to top Go down
Alienature
Admin
Admin
Alienature

Number of posts : 728

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 17:54

When I talk about the mixing, I dont mean your mixing.
Your mixing is fine and as you say, each track have a different mixing.
What I mean with this mixing explanation is that, it is impossible to make an harmonic mixing with dark psy .
Your set is nice and the mixes are fine.
Even I like Dark psy a lots, mixing this music style is not my favorite sport Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.trancemoon.com
Dj_Psytek
user
user
Dj_Psytek

DJ Bag

PostSubject: Re: VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 18:16

Kabbalien wrote:

What I mean with this mixing explanation is that, it is impossible to make an harmonic mixing with dark psy .

I'm with you on that. That's why it's not my preferred style.
But i really like the sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    VA - Dark_Matter_II_(2010)_Mixed_By_Dj_Psytek    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trance Moon Radio Network :: Darkpsy :: Darkpsy DJ Promotion :: Darkpsy Group DJ sets :: DJ Psytek Sets-